Memo for the student “Rules for writing reviews for a movie, a novel”
Review is just a analysis that is critical evaluation of any artwork, movie.
Steps to make a review on a novel
- 1. Study carefully and reread the text.
- 2. Look at the questions:
- Just How was the written book read?
- How could it be sensed by other readers?
- What’s the theme associated with the work?
- What exactly is their primary idea?
- So what does the author convince us?
- How does the writer lead us to those conclusions?
- Who will be the heroes for the book?
- What exactly are their aspirations, deeds, characters?
- Just What connection do they will have with readers?
- What’s the creative originality associated with guide?
- How could it be built?
- What exactly is her tongue?
- Just What do you find bright and unusual when you look at the language?
- 3. What exactly is your evaluation that is overall of book?
- What’s in this ongoing work of value, brand new?
- Just What, possibly, is not convincing enough? Maybe Not completely effective?
- 4. Answer the responses to those relevant questions when you look at the review in accordance with the plan.
Arrange for reviewing the book
Arrange for reviewing the book is made of:
- 1. Date of book of the work (with regards to was written or published).
- 2. History of creation, the style regarding the work.
- 3. Genre peculiarity regarding the work.
- 4. The plot and composition associated with work (what’s this work, name its main events; note the string, the culmination, the denouement, the part regarding the epilogue and the epigraph (if there is).)
- 5. Topics (as described into the work), what topics are moved in the work.
- 6. The issues (which problems, concerns) are addressed when you look at the work, are they important, exactly why are they being considered because of the author.
- 7. Traits of this main artistic pictures (names, bright options that come with appearance, social situation, life philosophy, views in the globe, relations along with other heroes,experiences, feelings, what problem/problems is related to this hero).
- 8. The concept and pathos for the work ( exactly what the author wished to say, his view associated with author in the dilemmas involved, what he calls).
- 9. essaywriters Put of work with the author’s work (could it be essential strive to understand the writer’s creativity, whether or not it reflects the key themes and issues inside the work, are you able to judge by this work in regards to the journalist’s design, their worldview).
- 10. The area regarding the ongoing work with the annals of literature (whether this work is significant for Russian literature and also the globe page trips, why).
- 11. Your impression regarding the work (we liked/did not like, why).
The conditional scheme of contrast of the heroes associated with work:
- - options that come with the portrait traits: the way the character characterizes the look, clothes, etc.;
- - Origin;
- - genealogy, generic and individual traits;
- - traits of the character, habits;
- - Expressive details;
- - Education, a type of knowledge;
- - Speech attribute;
- - power to dialogue that is internal self-analysis;
- - The ratio associated with hero to people;
- - mindset of those around to your hero;
- - the way the hero exhibits himself in the situation of preference;
- - How exactly does the smoothness change through the work.
Policy for the analysis regarding the work that is dramatic
- 1. Time for the publication and creation associated with play.
- 2. The spot occupied into the playwright’s work.
- 3. The theme for the play as well as the reflection with it of a particular vital material.
- 4. Actors and their grouping.
- 5. Conflict of a dramatic work, its originality, the degree of novelty and sharpness, its deepening.
- 6. The development of dramatic action and its own stage. The exposition, the plot, the vicissitudes, the culmination, the denouement.
- 7. Structure of this play. The role and significance of each and every act.
- 8. Dramatic figures and their relationship to action.
- 9. Speech characteristic associated with the characters. Relationship of character and words.
- 10. The role of dialogues and monologues within the play.
- 11. Recognition associated with the writer’s place. The role of remarks in drama.
- 12. Genre and visible originality regarding the play. Communication associated with genre to preferences that are authorial preferences.
An approximate policy for characterizing the creative image (character).
Introduction. Host to the type in the system of pictures associated with work.
Principal part. Characteristic.
- 1. Social and material situation.
- 2. Outside appearance.
- 3. The peculiarity of this worldview and world perspective, the circle of psychological passions, inclinations, habits:
- a) the nature of this task as well as the life that is basic;
- b) impact on other people.
- 4. Section of feelings:
- a) kind of relationship to other people;
- b) popular features of internal experiences.
- 5. Author’s mindset into the character.
- 6. Just What top features of the hero’s personality are revealed when you look at the work:
- a) by using a portrait;
- b) within the writer’s attribute;
- c) through the characterization of other actors;
- d) with the help of biography or history;
- ag e) by way of a string of actions;
- g) within the message attribute;
- h) through the environmental surroundings.
The final outcome. What public problem led the author to produce this image.